Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Operation Project $0 : Inspiration and Ideas...

... Better late than Never, right?!??!  I am so sorry, I know I said that this would be up on monday, and here we are late tuesday night and I am just getting to it.  Sometimes life has a habit of getting in the way ;op

The think I loved 'almost' best last year in starting up Operation Project $0 was that I forced myself to start defining my style by coming up with an inspiration board.  I still don't really know my style... sorry Project Run and Play, someday I'll figure it out.  But by creating inspiration boards, I start seeing themes of what I am drawn to. (*what I loved best was creating awesome clothes for almost nothing!)

So here is a little glimpse at some of my inspiration for this year for my kiddos:

We'll start with the boys - Overall, I'm looking for comfort with an edge of cool.  I'm completely digging stripes... but I don't have many in my stash ;o(  I am also still loving blues, reds, and fun pop colors (ok - I seriously love both the green and mustard pants in the bottom right photo) paired with grays and neutrals.  I like my boys a little preppy, but I'd love to start adding more of a note of whimsy to their wardrobe - like that bowler hat sweatshirt!
You can find direct links to all of these images on my Pinterest Board HERE
Now on to Baby Girl - I love my girl in classics, looks that are almost vintage but with a modern twist.  I need clothes that she can play in, but still be all girl... and thus my love for details.  Little things like the apple decale (that I think is going to become pockets), the mock bow tie, the bow on a tan trench, and those painted birds - sorry, not a huge fan of that flower thing, but love the birds!  Do you see that little fox.... well imaging him as a WOLF - my girl needs this year's wolfie outfit after all.
You can find direct links to all of these images on my Pinterest board HERE
So how about you?  What is inspiring you this year - is it a color, a style, a need???  I want to hear, see, and read all about it.  So write your own post about your fall fashion inspiration and link it up here (this can be kids inspiration or inspiration for your own wardrobe)!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh. I LOVE your boys looks! I'm craving something similar this Fall. I'm working with my husband's old dress shirts and thrifted pants -- hoping to create something hip for $0!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome - I can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

      Delete
  2. Ooh great inspiration! I'm looking to make a bunch of winter clothes for Henry (he doesn't have any!) and make them so it fits him. He's WAY to skinny to wear regular clothes. Good thing skinny clothes are in, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skinny clothes are all the rage - great for my skinny A, a little harder for my chunky B ;op I can't wait to see what you make for Henry!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! There are some fun ideas on the inspiration board there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I can find the time to create enough of them ;O) Better to have too much inspiration than not enough, right!

      Delete